“KARMANYAA”- An Alumni Association of KKSJ Maninagar Science College has established in the year 2004. It was formely inaguarated on 26th January, 2005. Dr. Rutesh R. Shah (Principal) has initiated the “KARMANYAA” with the aim of bringing all past students and staff of KKSJ Maninagar Science College, Ahmedabad onto a single platform. At the same time, regular interaction between College and its former students is a prime goal.
“Oum Saha Navavatu saha nau bhunaktu Saha viryam karvavahai,
Tejaswinavadhitamastu Maa Vidvishavahai
Oum Shantihi Shantihi Shantihi”
It’s a vaidik prayer (hymn) to our beloved god. It means Paramatma Please protect both of us (Guru & Shishya). Nourish both of us. Both of us unite to do divine prosperous works. Our education becomes brighter and holy. We do not have jealousy/ hate to each other.
“KARMANYAA” has stated with mouth to mouth publicity and making Annual Members like You. The formal structure and other set-ups are going on and we will definitely make it possible in near future.
Since the beginning, under one roof of “KARMANYAA”, we can do a number of activities including
- Interaction with Members: Annual members can participate in visualization, organizational and financial activities and provide physical as well as financial help to run the various activities of “KARMANYAA”. At the same time, College and “KARMANYAA” can provide necessary help and encouragement to its members.
- Students Activities: Job oriented training for students has been organized frequently. There are a number of personality development programmes conducted in the College. There are Quiz Competitions. “KARMANYAA” can regularly arrange farewell functions for Final Year Students. “KARMANYAA” can organizes Orientation and finance programmes. Blood donation camps are also the part of “KARMANYYA” student activities.
- Placement Cell: Under Career Corner Unit of Our college, we can make a placement cell to provide vocational guidance and placement to the students and members to build a brighter career
- Cultural Programmes: “KARMANYAA” can run various cultural activities like GARBA on a regular basis. It will provide a space to meet classmates and their family members as well as present students. It will be a bridge, which will join generations who may share past experiences and think for a better tomorrow. “KARMANYAA” can organize and manage other cultural activities of the college and itself.
- Social Service: “KARMANYAA” can works for the uplift of economically & socially backward groups of the society in the health and education. “KARMANYAA” will stand for service to victims during natural calamities like floods, droughts etc. Other social services will include hospital visits and helps to the educational institutions.
- Camps: Residential summer/winter camps can be organized for children & family members of “KARMANYAA” members and present students for skill development like physical training, drawing, fine arts, GK etc.
- Medicare Facility: The famous doctors of the City and others who were former students of the College can provided free medical checkups, consultation and medication to persons from economically weak sections of the society.
A number of individuals and organizations have to help “KARMANYAA” to execute these activities. At present, we are making new members and updating our database.
There are many activities to be carried out by “KARMANYAA” in future. Some of them are:
- To organize “KARMANYAA”
- Get together functions
- Farewels to final year students
- Student activities
- Orientation for new students
- Blood donation camps
- New Members
- Database Preparation
- Job oriented and Personality Development Programmes for students
- Newsletter service
- E-mail facilities and website
- ANY OTHER FROM YOUR SUGGESTIONS
To execute these activities in future, we strongly need your active participation.
- Come and visit “KARMANYAA” office
- Come and visit the College
- Meet students and staff members
- Suggestions and ideas - Convey orally or in written form
- Send and receive news
- Introduce new members to “KARMANYAA”
- Convey message(s) to your classmates
- Be a part of “KARMANYAA”.
INFORMATION UPDATEIt is necessary to build new database of past students of our college. Kindly send your latest information and mailing address-phone no. for future correspondence. Also, convey this message to your colleagues and classmates.
Contact For Membership / Other Activities:Those former students who wish to become Annual member of KARMANYAA may contact Chemistry Department, K. K. Shah Jarodwala Maninagar Science College, Rambaug, Maninagar, Ahmedabad- 380 008.
Contact Number : College (phone/fax): 079-2546 1060
Timings (on working days) : 12 am to 4 noon (Monday to Friday) and 8 am to 11 am (Saturday).
“KARMANYAA” Membership Fees:
Annual Membership* (Earning Persons) : Rs. 100/-
Annual Membership* (Non-Earning Persons) : Rs. 50/-
*Annual membership is valid from 1st July to 30th June of subsequent year.
Information Update Form (For all Past Students)
Membership Form for Past Student
Membership Form for Final Year Student
Membership Form for Staff (Past/Present)
Rules and Regulations (Constitution)